Employer: Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland
Department: Department of Surgery
Reporting to: Professor Leonie Young
Location: Cork University Hospital
Contract/Duration: 2 years
Remuneration: Point 1 of CNM1 scale
Closing Date: 16.03.2023
Summary of Post
This position will involve working within the Dept of Surgery, RCSI and will be based in Cork University Hospital. The research field is in breast cancer biology and duties will include patient recruitment to the study, tissue and blood collection, database management and coordination of study patient visits. Dynamic, flexible nurses with a strong clinical skill set are invited to apply for this position.
Specifically, the duties of the post are:
- To work within the standard operating procedures and research protocols associated with industry and academic clinical research activities in accordance to Good Clinical Practice.
- To play a proactive role in driving on-going clinical research projects through participant recruitment, participant follow-ups, identifying problems early and regular feedback with Principal Investigator and research team.
- To assist in ensuring the overall smooth running of clinical research in line with best practice, ICH-GCP and within the scope of the protocol.
- To arrange study specific research meetings if necessary, including staff notification, completion and writing of minutes where applicable.
- To ensure participant confidentiality and dignity is assured and maintained at all times during a clinical trial/research project.
- To take responsibility for maintenance and upkeep clinical research documentation, including: site files, case record forms, monitoring arrangements, data correction, data collection and data entry.
- To complete all ethical and regulatory procedures (submissions, query resolution etc.) for the clinical trial.
- To review proposed research protocols and provide input to site study feasibility reports (e.g. annual site participant numbers, equipment / test availability etc.)
- To ensure prompt management of all study related correspondence.
- To prepare study for Internal / Sponsor / Irish Medicine Board audits as required.
- To ensure participants are fully informed of all details pertaining to the clinical trial/research project prior to their recruitment.
- To screen participants in order to identify suitable study candidates.
- To ensure all assigned studies are completed to the highest standards in accordance with ICH-GCP, IMB/EU Directive requirements.
- To carry out other duties as appropriate to the post as may be assigned from time to time by the Professor of Surgery
Qualifications/Experience – (Essential):
- Must have current registration as a general nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland.
- Have a minimum of 4 years post registration experience in a surgical setting (within the last 7 years).
- Ability to work independently, self-directed but also works well within a team and under supervision and direction.
- Have proven clinical research experience ability to work within scope of practice in a confident and safe manner, ensuring professional accountability and adherence to hospital policies and protocol.
Please apply online through the RCSI careers portal (https://www.rcsi.com/careers
) on the closing date with your CV and cover letter. Informal Enquiries can be directed to Fiona Bane (email@example.com
). Please note we do not accept CVs directly.